There are many Bible verses on worship and praise. The words in their original language are much more telling than in English. Take a look:
- shachah (Hebrew)—to fall down flat, prostrate (see 2 Chronicles 20:18, Psalm 29:2)
- halal (Hebrew)—base of hallelujah, to boast about the Lord in a kind of foolish way, meaning they were excited, giddy, and probably danced as if no one was looking (see 2 Chronicles 20:19, 21; Psalm 18:3)
- barak (Hebrew)—to kneel while praising God (see 2 Chronicles 20:26; Psalm 16:7; 18:46)
- yadah (Hebrew)—to give thanks (see 2 Chronicles 20:21; Psalm 7:17)
- zamar (Hebrew)—to sing praise, make music (see 1 Chronicles 16:9; Psalm 7:17)
- tehillah (Hebrew)—song or hymn of praise (see 2 Chronicles 20:22; Psalm 22:3)
- towdah (Hebrew)—confession, thanksgiving (see Psalm 26:7)
- latreia (Greek)—service for God (see Romans 12:1; Hebrews 9:1)
As of right now, my favorite verse is Psalm 150:6—Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! It matches my go-to praise song.
How about you? Share your favorite bible verses on worship below.
Which bible verses on worship touch your heart?