Bible Verses on Worship
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
There are many Bible verses on worship and praise. The words in their original language are much more telling than in English. Take a look:
- shachah (Hebrew)—to fall down flat, prostrate (see 2 Chronicles 20:18, Psalm 29:2)
- halal (Hebrew)—base of hallelujah, to boast about the Lord in a kind of foolish way, meaning they were excited, giddy, and probably danced as if no one was looking (see 2 Chronicles 20:19, 21; Psalm 18:3)
- barak (Hebrew)—to kneel while praising God (see 2 Chronicles 20:26; Psalm 16:7; 18:46)
- yadah (Hebrew)—to give thanks (see 2 Chronicles 20:21; Psalm 7:17)
- zamar (Hebrew)—to sing praise, make music (see 1 Chronicles 16:9; Psalm 7:17)
- tehillah (Hebrew)—song or hymn of praise (see 2 Chronicles 20:22; Psalm 22:3)
- towdah (Hebrew)—confession, thanksgiving (see Psalm 26:7)
- latreia (Greek)—service for God (see Romans 12:1; Hebrews 9:1)
As of right now, my favorite verse is Psalm 150:6—Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! It matches my go-to praise song.
How about you? Share your favorite bible verses on worship below.
Which bible verses on worship touch your heart?